Thursday, September 9, 2010

SOLITUDE

The glorious sun rises from the horizon
The sky slowly  changes hues
From pitch black it  starts turning crimson
Soon sadness fades and a ray of hope within my heart ensues

I can  hear the birds chirping
I lose myself in the beautiful melody
Suddenly I see myself smiling
All that prevails  now is divine serenity

The flowers start blooming and let
 out an intoxicating fragnance
Bees swarm to suck their nectar
Its like an enchanting romance
I stand amazed and watch like a devout spectator

The trees sway  when the wind blows
The rustling of the leaves is music to my ears
The cows moo in faraway  meadows
They are in a jubilant mood it appears

The ocean waves crashing against the rocks
Break the silence that sorrounds
The blue devil no more mocks
Its sheer euphoria that abounds

Millions of stars twinkling in the sky
Seem to me as prying,blinking eyes
As I stand alone heaving a deep sigh
I find solace  under the starry night this
Loneliness I no more despise

I never went around seeking solitude
Like a soulmate it found me
It  helped me determine my altitude
Soon there was happiness and glee









2 comments:

  1. u r really wrking hard on ur poetic skills mam..luv ur poems..kip it up..

    ReplyDelete