Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Imposter

  
    Burning,melting like a mould of wax
 taking up a shape the world wants to see
  Everyday i wake up and put on a mask
     Will i ever know who is the real me


     loathing the face i see in the mirror
 I lose this battle with my  inner demons
     The world opens its jaws to devour
turns stone-deaf can't hear the soul which bemoans


         Apprehensions and self doubts linger
Looking back i wonder where did it all go wrong
   desperation and confusion slowly overpower
Lost in thoughts,i break into a melancholic song


       I  Dreamed of taking the road less travelled
even before i realised i was lost in this insane crowd
     heavenly detours were waiting to be unraveled
but i was blinded by the dazzle of the enticing new world


      There are false promises and shattered dreams
         All i need now is some sort of reassurance
      my faith is shaking like an earthquake it seems
Reality is hard to face how i wish to always be in a trance




P.S. Okay i am very bad at this and somehow i always end up writing sad poems but i had to write something to keep my blog alive .On a lighter note i am sharing a little incident about this punjabi guy in my office.This guy has a bengali friend who always accompanies him to a tea stall near his place.The bengali friend helped him learn a sentence in bengali "mashi 2 to cha" which can be translated to "aunty 2 cups of tea please".It so happened one day that the punjabi guy went alone for tea and on that unfortunate day dear mashi ma/aunty ji was not present and a little girl was at the tea stall.So our punjabi munda goes and utters the sentence which he was rattofying on his way towards the stall without even underatanding the meaning.
punju to girl:"mashi ma 2 to cha"
Girl:Stands still with a perplexed look

5 comments:

  1. Do you want me to praise it?
    I don't have my compliment so can't phrase it,
    I still didn't understand the P.S. part,
    but the poem which is unrelated to the PS makes a mark apart,
    Lovely usage of words, nice timing with rhyme,
    keep up the blogging alive...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for the rhyming comment but u don't have to pay me any compliments some cash will do me good :P
    As for the P.S. part the punjabi guy asked for two cups of tea whereas he sud have asked for one and called a 10 year old gal mashi meaning aunty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post(a wonderful poem, liked it a lot...I did :) ) is quite ironic. The 'lighter' P.S vis-a-vis the 'heavy' introspective(?) poem about the imposter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Dreamed of taking the road less travelled
    even before i realised i was lost in this insane crowd

    liked this line...sad poems come more easily than happy ones...doesnt means dat ur a sad soul... :)

    and i guess thats one phrase everyone learns first...i felt soo proud of myself wen i pulled off "mausa, duita cha diya" in oriya myself :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad u liked it.Thanks a lot and yeah i agree sad poems do come more easily than happy ones.
    Being a bengali u can easily learn oriya vice versa holds true for me :)

    ReplyDelete